Housing Benefit Overpayments
A Housing Benefit overpayment occurs where you have been paid more Housing Benefit than you are entitled to. This is normally due to a change in your circumstances.
How do I pay back my overpayment?
- Deductions from Housing Benefit - we can make deductions from your Housing Benefit entitlement if you are still receiving Housing Benefit.
- Online Payments - payments can be made online using a credit or debit card using our Online Payments Facility
- Automated Payment Line - please ring 0800 731 0540 to make a payment using our payment line. Payments can be made by credit or debit card. Please have your invoice number and card details available.
- Internet Banking - if you wish to pay direct from your bank account, you will need the following information
Sort code: 20-52-78
Account Number: 50348481
Account Name: East Lindsey District Council
Please quote your invoice number when making payments
- Post Office payments - payments can be made by cash, cheque or debit card. Please take your invoice letter with you.
- Post - Cheque's and postal orders should be made payable to East Lindsey District Council and sent to
East Lindsey District Council, P.O. Box 20, Manby Park, Louth, Lincs,LN11 8XN.
Please write your invoice number on the back of your cheque. Post dated cheque's are not accepted. Please do not send cash through the post.
What happens if I cannot pay all the money at once?
If you cannot afford to pay all the money back straightaway, please contact our Overpayments Team on 01507 329199. We may be able to make a payment arrangement with you for the overpayment to be repaid over a period of time.
The sooner you contact us, the more likely it is that we can help you.