Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support
If you are on a low income you may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support.
Housing Benefit can pay for all or part of your rent. The amount you will get depends on your income and circumstances.
Council Tax Support (formerly Council Tax Benefit) is a reduction in your Council Tax bill based on your income and circumstances.
How do I claim it?
- Submit an Online Claim
- Download a Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Claim Form. [550kb]
- Pick up a form from one of our Customer Contact Area Offices
To find out if you are entitled to Council Tax Support please use the East Lindsey Council Tax Support Calculator
How long will my claim take?
We aim to process your claim as quickly as possible. The quicker you provide all the information we need, the quicker you will receive your money. The New Claim Evidence Checklist will guide you through what is required.
View your benefit claim online
You can log in to e-Citizen to see
- How much you are getting
- How we have worked this out
- When your next payment will be made
- The date and amounts of payments already made
- Letters we have sent you
- Overpayments that have been billed to you
To find out if you are entitled to any other benefits please use the East Lindsey Benefit Calculator