Search site

Environmental Permits

We responsible for two pollution control regulatory regimes under the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010.

Local Authority Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (LA-IPPC) covers installations known as A2 installations Local Authority Pollution Prevention and Control (LAPPC) covers installations known as Part B installations.

A1 installations are covered by a system called Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC), these are regulated by the Environment Agency.

These systems are being used to replace the pollution control regime set up under Part 1 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.  and subsequent legislation in 2007. The IPPC and LA-IPPC systems are the means by which the Government has implemented the European Union Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control Directive (96/61/EC) (IPPC Directive).

The above requires the operators of specified industrial and other installations to obtain a permit to operate. Once an application is made we will decide whether to issue or refuse a permit. If a permit is issued, it will include conditions aimed at reducing and preventing pollution. The detailed legal requirements for installations covered by LA-IPPC and LAPPC are contained in the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010


LA-IPPC applies an integrated environmental approach to the regulation of certain industrial activities (A2 installations). It involves determining the appropriate control for industry to protect the environment through a single permitting process. This means that emissions to air, water (including discharges to sewer) and land, plus a range of other activities with an environmental impact, must be considered together. It also means that the Local Authority must set permit conditions so as to achieve a high level of protection for the environment as a whole. These conditions must be based on the use of the 'Best Available Techniques' (BAT), which balances the costs to the operator against the benefits to the environment.


LAPPC applies to installations whose air emissions are regulated by the Local Authority

Public Register

We hold a public register of all authorised processes in East Lindsey. The public register may be viewed by request at Tedder Hall, Manby Park, Manby free of charge, between the hours 9.00 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. Monday to Friday. If you wish to have a copy of any of the documentation a charge will be made for photocopying.

How do I apply for a permit or get more advice?

Please complete the online form.

Powered by GOSS iCM