Best Place to Eat
This award recognises an establishment whose cuisine is of the highest quality, demonstrates excellent customer service and celebrates the best of local ingredients.
Open to all food establishments which provide a table service. This includes cafes, restaurants, hotels and pubs that provide a 'sit down' meal. Businesses must have a food hygiene rating of 4 or above to be eligible.
Main judging criteria
- Quality and freshness of produce (25%)
- Customer Service Satisfaction including any social media/website/trip advisor comments/ reviews (15%)
- Staff engagement and development (10%)
- Food hygiene rating (10%)
- Business sustainability (10%)
- Value for money (10%)
- Locally-sourced food ingredients (10%)
- Restaurant décor and ambience (10%)
Relevant evidence to support nomination:
- Copy of all recognised quality assurance ratings. For example, Michelin Guide, The Good Food Guide, AA star rating, Exceptional Quality, etc.
- Reviews from TripAdvisor and social media
- Menu choices
- Food supplier sources
- Comparative financial accounts showing business sustainability, growth and profitability
The evidence list above is not exhaustive. Businesses are encouraged to send any other documents which will help support their nomination.