Claim Housing Benefit
If you are on a low income you may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support. Housing Benefit can help you to pay for part or all of your rent.
To claim online please use the online claim.
Please note that if you are claiming Council Tax Support only, you can upload the evidence required in support of your claim at the point that you submit the claim online. If you are claiming Housing Benefit, we will need to verify the original documents, so please do not submit the evidence required in support of your claim online. You will need to make alternative arrangements to supply us with them.
To claim Housing Benefit you must:
- be of state pension age; or
- you live in specified accommodation; or
- you are homeless and the council has placed you in temporary accommodation; or
- you are part of a couple, one of you has reached state pension age and you were in receipt of state pension credit (as a couple) before 15 May 2019.
You will need to apply for Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit if you do not meet the above criteria. This must be done online at www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit. You will still need to make a separate claim to us for Council Tax Support.
What you will need to claim Housing Benefit
We will need to see:
- proof of your identity
- proof of your National Insurance Number
- income and savings proof for all relevant household members
- household circumstances
To find out if you are entitled to any other benefits please use the East Lindsey Benefit Calculator
View your benefit claim online
You can log in to Self-Serve to see
- How much you are getting
- How we have worked this out
- When your next payment will be made
- The date and amounts of payments already made
- Letters we have sent you
- Overpayments that have been billed to you
Paper versions are available from the related documents below, but this may delay you receiving a payment if successful
This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you provide for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. For further information, click on the link here