Independent Retailer of the Year
This award recognises the key role played by independent retailers in contributing to the local economy.
We are looking for businesses that understand their customers' requirements, provide diversity and variety to the high street, offer employment opportunities, support the local community, make use of technology to improve their business and enhance the customer experience. Open to all businesses with less than 250 employees. Nominations will be restricted to small stores in any sector that operate in a maximum of three locations within the district and are owned by an individual, a two person partnership or a family.
Main judging criteria
- Customer Service Satisfaction including any social media/website/trip advisor comments/ reviews (20%)
- Staff engagement (20%)
- Leadership and management (20%)
- Unique selling point (10%)
- Growth and financial performance (10% )
- Technological innovation in products, services or processes (10% )
- Local community support (10% )
Relevant evidence to support nomination:
- Reviews from TripAdvisor and social media
- Customer testimonials
- Employee engagement and development
- Evidence of best practice in management
- List of improvements made to service or product offer
- Evidence of innovative plans to improve business offer
The evidence list above is not exhaustive. Businesses are encouraged to send any other documents which will help support their nomination.