Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (OHLG)
On 21st December 2021, Government announced the introduction of grant support for hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses in England, recognizing that the rise in rates of the Omicron variant has resulted in significant business impact. To support businesses in these sectors, the Chancellor has announced the one-off payment Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (OHLG).
We have received guidance for this grant scheme and the OHLG is now available to qualifying (rated) hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses via the application link at the bottom of this page.
We encourage all business owners to read the guidance to confirm eligibility.
Please note: All qualifying business must reapply for this grant - there are no auto payments to eligible businesses.
Qualifying businesses include (where the following is the main activity of the business):
|Support type||Types of businesses|
Public houses/pub restaurants
Casinos and gambling clubs
Museums and art galleries
Stately homes & historic houses
Zoos & safari parks
Night clubs & discotheques
Soft play centres or areas
Clubs & institutions
Village halls & scout huts, cadet huts, etc.
Caravan sites and pitches
Country house hotels
Cottages or bungalows
Canal boats or other vessels
Catered holiday homes
The OHLG will support rated hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses with one-off grants of up to £6,000. The following thresholds apply:
- Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on 30th December 2021 will receive a payment of £2,667.
- Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on 30th December 2021 will receive a payment of £4,000.
- Businesses occupying hereditaments appearing on the local rating list with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over on 30th December 2021 will receive a payment of £6,000.
- As mentioned, all qualifying businesses will have to make a new application for this grant (applications to previous grant schemes will not be accepted as applications for OHLG)
- The scheme will close to applications on 28th February 2022 (with all payments made by 31st March 2022).
- Government may shorten this application window and we encourage all businesses to submit an application by the end of January 2022.
- It will not be possible to make an application after 28th February 2022.
- If you are eligible for the grant, the system will allow you to make a full application - if you are not eligible (noting the eligible categories above), the system will inform you and direct you to an e-mail address should you believe this is incorrect and wish to challenge (having read the eligibility guidance).
We aim to process all eligible grant applications within fifteen (15) working days from submission of a completed (and compliant) application form. Upon completion of processing we will make a grant payment instruction (for eligible applicants) and e-mail eligible applicants confirmation of grant award. Following this confirmation, payments can typically take up to five (5) working days to clear the banking system (these timescales enable the Council to undertake additional financial and security checks required by Government to ensure that the limited funds available are allocated to valid recipients).
Please send any queries on your application, after fifteen (15) working days, to the Grants Team email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This will ensure that our team can focus on processing payments rather than responding to payment enquiries. Should you need to correspond with us, you will need to quote your application code, your Business Rates Account Number and Property Reference.
If you have any queries relating to your Business Rates account, please contact: email@example.com
Updated information will be provided on this webpage.
Finally, we encourage all businesses to sign-up for our Business Newsletter - www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/ebb - to be alerted to business support and funding opportunities in the future