Planning Duty Officer Service
Does your home improvement project require planning permission? Do you have a query about how the planning service operates? If so, we provide a Planning Duty Officer Service to help answer your questions.
From 1st December 2021 a planning duty officer will be available on the telephone to deal with general planning queries at the following times:
Monday - 9am to 5pm
Tuesday - 9am to 1pm
Wednesday - 9am to 1pm
Thursday - 9am to 1pm
Friday - 9am to 5pm.
The number to ring is: 01507 613175.
For more information:
Outside of these times information is available on the Council and other websites and the links for the most common types of queries we receive are given below.
2. If you wish to find out if a proposed extension or other home improvement requires planning permission, visit Check if you need Planning Permission.
3. If you require help with filling in your application forms please ring 01507 613154 or if you wish to pay the application fee please ring 01507 613173.
4. Visit the Planning Committee if you wish to view the report of an application that is due to be heard at the next planning committee meeting.
5. Visit the East Lindsey Local Plan if you wish to view the Local Plan.
6. If your query relates to an enforcement matter please visit Planning Enforcement
At this time we are doing all we can to continue to deliver the Planning Service and I would like to assure you that the team remain committed to providing the best possible service in the circumstances.
The receipt and validation of planning applications will be smoother if you use the Planning Portal for submission electronically rather than sending paper copies, as this might take longer to handle dependent upon the resources available at our offices. Whilst there will inevitably be some disruption of the service we will endeavour to keep this to a minimum.
Mike Gildersleeves, Assistant Director - Planning & Strategic Infrastructure