Visitor Attraction of the Year
This award celebrates the outstanding contribution of local attractions in drawing visitors to the area, delivering excellence in customer service and enhancing the profile of East Lindsey through their tourism offer.
This award covers all visitor attractions, including those offering pre-booked tickets, museums, theme parks, historic houses and castles, animal attractions, etc. It also recognises the huge commitment that the business has shown to the industry and to showcase their product/ service offer to help raise standards across the whole industry.
Main judging criteria
- Customer service satisfaction including any social media/website/trip advisor comments/ reviews (20%)
- The attraction is capable of attracting day visitors, tourists and local residents (10%)
- Access for All (10%)
- Innovative marketing to attract new and repeat business including social media presence (10%)
- Business improvements to enhance visitors' experience (10%)
- Growth in visitor numbers (10%)
- Business growth and performance and business sustainability (10%)
- Staff training and development (10%)
- National Accreditation or any Code of Good Practice Schemes and previous awards or distinctions won (5%)
- 'Green'/ environmentally friendly credentials including use of local suppliers (5%)
Relevant evidence to support nomination:
- Reviews from TripAdvisor and social media
- Copy of all recognised quality assurance ratings. For example, Visit England or AA star rating, Green Tourism, etc.
- Customer testimonials
- List of improvements made to service or product offer and future developments plans
- Evidence of innovative plans to improve marketing offer
- 'Access for All' credentials
The evidence list above is not exhaustive. Businesses are encouraged to send any other documents which will help support their nomination.