Young Business Owner of the Year
This award recognises young people who successfully run their own businesses. This Award is open to individuals who are under 30 years old by April 2018. Applications are welcomed from those who best demonstrate ambition, energy, skill and vision.
Young people who have taken over the family business will not be eligible for this category.
Main judging criteria
- Evidence of entrepreneurial spirit and ambition (25%)
- Business planning and development (25%)
- Sales performance, customer testimonials, awards, press reviews (25%)
- Growth projections (25%)
Relevant evidence to support nomination:
- Evidence of age
- Copy of detailed business plan used showing vision, strategy, market research and action plan
- Any financial accounts showing business performance
- Growth forecasts
- Customer testimonials
- Financial or any business support assistance received from outside organisations and how these have helped create the business. For example, Prince's Trust, Education Business Partnership, etc.
The evidence list above is not exhaustive. Businesses are encouraged to send any other documents which will help support their nomination.