East Lindsey Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme Application for Parents and Guardians
From 8 March 2021, parents or guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate can apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment if they need to take time off work to care for a child or young person who is.
Applicants must meet all the criteria below:
- you are the parent or guardian of a child or young person in the same household and need to take time off work to care for them while they self-isolate; and
- you are employed or self-employed; and
- you cannot work from home while undertaking caring responsibilities and will lose income as a result
- you meet all the other means-tested eligibility criteria for a Test and Trace Support Payment or locally determined criteria for a discretionary payment
- your child or young person:
- is aged 15 or under (or 25 or under with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC)) and normally attends an education or childcare setting.
- has been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or by their education or childcare setting because they have been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Before you start
You will need the following information to complete this application:
- Your National Insurance Number.
- Your bank account details.
- A copy of your latest bank account statement (one issued within the last two months) which must show proof of earnings.
- If employed, proof of reduction in earnings for your self-isolation period. For example, a letter from your employer.
- If self-employed, proof of self-employment. For example, your most recent set of accounts or self-assessment returns, and your most recent business bank account statements (within the last two months). Your most recent personal bank account statements may be accepted, if you do not have a business bank account.
- If your child is 15 or under:
- Your child's 8-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID (from the notification from NHS Test and Trace asking them to self-isolate);
- OR your child or young person's notification letter from their education or care setting, indicating they should self-isolate.
- If your young person is aged 16 to 25 and has a current Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC):
- Your young person's 8-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID (from the notification from NHS Test and Trace asking them to self-isolate);
- OR your young person's notification letter from their education or care setting, indicating they should self-isolate;
- OR a screenshot of your young person's notification to self-isolate on the NHS Covid-19 App.
- Additionally, you MUST provide evidence of the EHC in place where only a screenshot of the NHS Covid-19 App is provided.
- It is recommended that you also supply evidence of the EHC in place where the notification to self-isolate has come from NHS Test and Trace or from your young person's education or care setting as this could aid in speeding up your application.
- All fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Dates should all be typed in the format DD/MM/YYYY (as in 08/03/2021).
- Extra help, where provided, can be found immediately after each field.
- All file upload fields will accept a PDF document (pdf), a Word document (doc, docx), or a JPG (jpeg, jpg) or PNG (png) image file, up to 5MB in size.
- For self-employed people, a set of accounts may be submitted in Excel (xls, xlsx) format, up to 10MB in size.
- When you upload a file to a page, when you click 'Next', your document will be uploaded to our server. This may take some time depending on the size of the file you are uploading. The next page will only load once the document has finished uploading.
Select the 'Start' button to confirm your eligibility and start your application.