Local Council Elections - key deadlines for voters and candidates
The East Lindsey District, Town & Parish Council Elections take place on May 2, 2019.
Polling Stations will be open from 7am until 10pm. Those registered to vote will receive a Poll Card from March 26 which will detail their voting arrangements.
Key dates for Voters
- If you're not yet registered to vote you must do so by midnight on April 12. You can register online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
- If you wish to vote by post your completed postal vote application must be received by 5pm on April 15. You can find out how to apply for a postal vote at https://www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/article/5887/How-to-Register .
- If you wish to alter or cancel an existing postal vote or existing proxy vote you must do so by 5pm on April 15 by contacting the Elections Team on 01507 601111 or email@example.com
- Postal vote packs will be delivered after April 15. If you are likely to be away from your home after April 15 please contact the Elections Team immediately to discuss alternative voting arrangements.
- New proxy vote applications, where you authorise someone else to vote on your behalf, must be received by 5pm on April 24. You can find out how to apply for a proxy vote at https://www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/article/5887/How-to-Register
Information for Prospective Candidates
- Nomination papers must be delivered by hand to the Returning Officer, East Lindsey District Council, Room 3, Tedder Hall, Manby Park, Louth, LN11 8UP by 4pm on April 3. Nomination papers for the District Council are available at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/district2019 , nomination papers for the Parish/Town Councils are available at www.e-lindsey.gov.uk/parish2019
- An informal check of nomination papers is available on an appointment only basis. To make an appointment, please call 01507 601111 or email