May Elections - what you need to know
In order to prevent any confusion arising, the Council would like to clarify that:
District and Town/Parish Council elections - May 2
- These elections will be going ahead as scheduled and are not impacted by the UK's possible involvement in the European Parliamentary elections. Please note that not every District Ward is being contested and some Town/Parish areas are also not being contested.
- Poll Cards for the District and Town/Parish council elections have now been distributed.
- Postal vote packs for the District and Town/Parish council elections are currently being delivered.
- You can no longer register to vote for the District and Town/Parish election.
European Parliamentary elections - May 23
- Poll Cards for the European Parliamentary Elections, which the UK will potentially be involved in, will be posted towards the end of April to those already registered to vote in this election.
- If you are not already registered but wish to vote in the European Parliamentary election on May 23, you must do so by May 7. Your Poll Card will be sent after May 7
- Postal vote packs for the European Parliamentary Elections, which the UK will potentially be involved in, will be posted out over the next two weeks.
Poll Cards for both elections are printed on white card, so please be careful to note which election the poll card refers to (as outlined at the top of the Poll Card).
For residents of the Parish of Alford there will also be a Referendum on the Neighbourhood Plan. Those who can vote in the referendum will receive Poll Cards from April 24 onwards.
If residents have any questions about either election, please email: email@example.com