Council Tax Support Scheme 2021/22 Consultation
We are asking for your views on our proposed Council Tax Support Scheme (CTS) for 2021/22
Each year the Council has to decide whether to change the local Council Tax Support Scheme for working age applicants in the area.
The proposed scheme for working age applicants continues to be based broadly on the following principles as 2020/21:
- It protects those of pension age and working age customers in receipt of war pensions.
- It is means-tested and allows for vulnerability within the calculation methodology.
- The maximum support available to working age applicants is 75%.
For 2021/22, the Council is also proposing that the scheme should:
- Be up rated and harmonised for working age claimants in line with the Department for Work and Pensions provisions for Housing Benefit. This will apply to all Council Tax Support claimants and will keep the local Council Tax Support Scheme aligned with national welfare provisions.
- Have the backdating provisions for working age claimants extended from one month to three months.
We would welcome your views as part of this consultation. The survey will take around 10 minutes to complete. We would encourage you to complete it online by clicking on the following link: Council Tax Support Scheme 2021/22 consultation If you are unable to complete this survey online, you can request a paper copy by calling our Customer Service Centre on 01507 601111. Completed paper copies should be returned in the pre-paid reply envelope provided to: The Consultation Team, Corporate Services, East Lindsey District Council, Tedder Hall, Manby, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 8UP.
Please read each question and give your response by placing a tick in the appropriate box or providing your comments.
Closing date for submission of responses is Friday, 6 November 2020.