Test & Trace Support Payment

Ensuring infected individuals and their close contacts isolate is one of our most powerful tools for controlling the spread of coronavirus. Self-isolating helps prevent your family, friends and community from catching the virus, as well as helping to protect the health and care system.

Test and Trace Support Payment

  • The government has introduced a grant to support people in work and on low incomes to self-isolate
  • You may be able to claim a £500 payment if you cannot work from home
  • This support payment aims to help make up for any lost income you may face due to having to stay at home

Am I eligible for a Test and Trace Support Payment?

To be eligible for the £500 support payment, you must meet all of the following:

  • Have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace on or after 28 September 2020 or identified as a close contact by the NHS COVID-19 App from 10 December 2020
  • You comply with the notification from NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate
  • You are employed or self-employed
  • You are unable to work from home and will lose income as a result.
  • You are currently receiving one of the following:
    • Working Tax Credit
    • Universal Credit
    • Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Housing Benefit
    • Pension Credit

Can I apply if I'm not in receipt of one of the listed benefits?

If you meet all eligibility other than being in receipt of benefits, have less than £2000 in savings and will face financial hardship as a result of self-isolating, you can still apply for a discretionary payment.

Am I eligible to appply if I self-isolating whilst I am furloughed?

You will not be eligible for the Test & Trace support payment if your loss of income is only due to furlough. If you are on part time furlough and will still lose income as a result of self-isolation you can still apply.

If you are not eligible for Test & Trace Support but are facing financial difficulties as a result of loss of income due to self-isolation, please contact communitysupport@e-lindsey.gov.uk

What will I need to apply?

  • Your 8-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID (from your notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate)
  • Your National Insurance Number
  • Your bank account details
  • A copy of your latest bank account statement (one issued within the last two months) which must show proof of earnings
  • If you are employed: proof of your employment and earnings (such as payslips, your contract of employment or confirmation from your employer) and proof of reduction in earnings for your self-isolation period (for example, a letter from your employer)
  • If you are self-employed: proof of self-employment. For example, your most recent set of accounts or self-assessment returns and your most recent business bank account statements (within the last two months)

East Lindsey residents can now APPLY ONLINE

From 8 March 2021, parents or guardians who are not legally required to self-isolate can apply for a Test and Trace Support Payment or discretionary payment if they need to take time off work to care for a child or young person who is. The new online application form for parents or guardians to apply will be available here from 9 April 2021.

If you cannot apply online or need advice, please call 01507 601111

If you need any further support to stay at home safely, please request help by calling Lincolnshire Coronavirus helpline on 01522 782189