Railway Walk - Louth
Railway Walk, Louth
A 1km stretch of disused railway line running from Monks Dyke Road (between numbers 56 and 58) to Stewton Lane (opposite number 35) crossing Wood Lane
Open 24 hours every day of the year
• A quiet in-town walk, tree lined with associated wildlife
• The Monks Dyke Road-Wood Lane section is easily accessible with ramps suitable for wheelchair access.
• The Wood Lane to Stewton Lane end (400m) is still of a stone construction with one steep ramp restricting access. It is planned to upgrade this section in the near future.
• Very limited on street parking at either end. Best accessed from the middle using Wood Lane Playing Field Car Park.
• Nearest Public Conveniences are in Louth Bus Station, 600m along Monks Dyke Road then right into Church Street from the northern end of the walk.