Riverhead - Louth
A riverside walk starting from opposite the Woolpack Public House on Riverhead.
The walk comprises 530m of tarmac footpath (currently in a poor condition but due to be renovated alongside development of adjacent land) which crosses the River Lud at a weir and proceeds eastwards out of town.
Where the tarmac finishes, a stone footpath leads the walker beyond the limit of town and links to a number of public footpaths along the river or across the fields. All along this walk the river has been canalised and redundant locks can be seen.
Open 24 hours every day of the year
• Quiet riverside walking - Kingfishers are a common sight
• Small grass areas with trees
• Duck feeding point
• Louth Art Trail feature
• Recommended starting point for Round Louth Walk
• Adjacent on street parking
• Nearest Public Conveniences 860m into town