Horse riding is permitted on Skegness, Mablethorpe and Sutton on Sea beaches throughout the year with just a few restrictions. Please make yourself aware of these restrictions.
Horse riding is permitted on Skegness, Mablethorpe and Sutton on Sea beaches throughout the year, with the exception of the following:-
- During the period between 1 April and 30 September horses are not permitted on the beaches between the hours of 9am and 6pm.
- Horses are not permitted on our Central Beaches whilst the Blue Flag is flying.
- For the duration of any event being held on the beaches
- The area south of Skegness central beach is Gibraltar Point Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) where horse riding is not permitted.
- Mablethorpe North End - Theddlethorpe Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) is a place where horse riding can take place providing prior consent is in place from Natural England. For further information please contact Natural England: email@example.com.
To make sure our beach is kept as safe as possible for the public, we ask riders to follow some simple rules.