Environmental Information Regulations
The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) gives the public access rights to Environmental Information held by a public authority.
The following types of information are classed as Environmental Information:
- The state of the elements of the environment - air, water, soil, land, flora and fauna, landscape and natural sites, genetically modified organisms, biological diversity - and the interactions between them
- Factors affecting or likely to affect environmental elements - energy, noise, radiation, waste, emissions, discharges and other releases into the environment
- Measures (including administrative measures, policies, legislation, plans, programmers and environmental agreements) and activities affecting or likely to affect elements and/or factors
- The state of human health and safety, conditions of human life, the food chain, cultural sites and built structures in as much as they are or may be affected by elements
- Cost benefit and other economic analysis used in environmental decision-making.
Where possible we will comply with EIR requests within the statutory timescale of 20 working days.
An EIR request can also be made over the phone, in writing, or in person at any of our customer access points.