In the run up to an election we will need to recruit temporary staff. These temporary posts may be fixed or variable hours for one day or a number of days to be agreed at the relevant time.
The role of the Verification/Count Assistant is not difficult, but duties are undertaken in a pressurised environment and the greatest of care has to be taken to ensure that mistakes are not made.
The role of the Count Runner(s) are to receive ballot boxes from Presiding Officers at the Count Venue and sort them into order.
Count Security Officer
- To ensure only those authorised to attend will enter the Count Hall
- To assist the Returning Officer in maintaining the secrecy of the Count
Poll Clerks assist the Presiding Officer in the conduct of the ballot in the polling stations.
- To assist the Presiding Officer
- Comply with any instructions from the Returning Officer
- Ensuring that all electors are treated impartially and with respect
- To maintain the secrecy of the ballot.
Postal Vote Clerk
The role of the Postal Vote Clerk is not difficult, but the greatest of care has to be taken to ensure that mistakes are not made.
Presiding Officers are responsible for the conduct of the ballot in polling stations and they must have a good knowledge of the voting procedures.
- To comply with any instructions from the Returning Officer
- To take charge of a polling station
- To ensure that all electors are treated impartially and with respect
- To maintain the secrecy of the ballot
- To supervise the Poll Clerk(s)
If you would like to be considered for any of the above positions, please download and complete the email@example.com .and return by post or email completed form to
Please note that as of 29 February 2008 all new employees will be required to demonstrate their entitlement to work in the UK. For all NEW employees, when you are appointed to a position you will be requested to produce one of the following:
A valid passport or;
A full birth certificate issued in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland accompanied by an official document giving the applicants permanent National Insurance Number.
A residence permit, registration certificate or document certifying or indicating permanent residence.