Toggle menu

Do I have to pay on a caravan?

We will consider your caravan to be your sole or main residence if you:
•Have ownership of another home elsewhere but it is occupied by someone else
•Stay at your caravan for large parts of the time the site is open
•Cannot provide enough evidence to show you live somewhere else

Please note the issues below will not stop you from being responsible for payment of Council Tax:
•Having your post re-directed because the site does not allow post
•Paying rates to the site owner separately to the rent
•Having to leave the site when it is closed
•Overnight stays at a friends or relatives address

If you are unsure if you need to register, take a look at the  examples (PDF) [42KB] (opens new window) . If after considering the examples, you think you should be registered to pay Council Tax, please contact us on 01507 601111 select Council Tax and hold to speak with an advisor.