Toggle menu

Council Tax change of address

If you're moving home, you'll need to let us know so that we can update your Council Tax account.

Visit the Self Service portal to change your address online. When moving, be sure you register to vote to put your name on the electoral register for your new address.

Reporting other changes

If there is any other change in your circumstances, for example, if you start running a business from home or someone moves in with you, you must inform us immediately.

If you receive a Council Tax discount or exemption you must tell us within 21 days if there is a change that might affect it. We can impose a £70 penalty if you do not tell us about a change.

How is my information used?