Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
The register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests contains information on District and Town and Parish Councillors in relation to their individual interests.
Under Sections 30(3) and 235(2) of the Localism Act 2011, Councillors, including those elected as District or Town and Parish representatives are required to register their Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in the Register maintained by the Monitoring Officer of this Council. The Act also requires for a copy of the completed form to be published online by the Town and Parish Council, or alternatively, by the District Council if the Town or Parish Council is unable to publish documents.
A 'disclosable pecuniary interest' is an interest the member or co-opted member or their partner (which means spouse or civil partner, a person with whom the member is living as husband or wife, or a person with whom the member is living as if they are civil partners) within the following descriptions:
- Employment, office, trade, profession or vacation
- Contracts that are made between the relevant person (or a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest) and the relevant authority:
- Land within the area of the relevant authority.
- Licenses to occupy land in the area of the relevant authority for a month or longer.
- Corporate tenancies where (to your knowledge) the landlord is the relevant authority; and the tenant is a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest.
- Securities - Any beneficial interest in securities of a body where: that body (to your knowledge) has a place of business or land in the area of the relevant authority; and either: the total nominal value of the securities exceeds £25,000 or one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that body; or if the share capital of that body is of more than one class, the total nominal value of the shares of any one class in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest exceeds one hundredth of the total issued share capital of that class.
- Other interests - You have a personal interest which is likely to affect: membership of, or in a position of general control, a trustee of, or participate in the management of a body directed to charitable purposes.
- Please be aware that East Lindsey District Council has adopted a new Code of Conduct (May 2017) to include interests that would not constitute a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest (Councillors are not obligated to register these, it is at their discretion). The section enables you to declare interests, including membership of bodies and groups that do not fall within any of the mandatory categories set out above, but are in addition to them, i.e. political parties, single interest action groups, school governing bodies or organisations to which you have been appointed to by the Council.
- If your Town or Parish Council has adopted the District Council Code of Conduct this will now include any revisions made to the District Council Code of Conduct.
An example of a correctly completed DPI Form and a blank DPI Form are provided below.
A hard copy of the Register is maintained by Democratic Services and is available for inspection by appointment by emailing email@example.com. or telephoning 01507 613420.