Horse riding is permitted on Skegness, Mablethorpe and Sutton on Sea beaches throughout the year with just a few restrictions. Please make yourself aware of these restrictions.
Horse riding is permitted on Skegness, Mablethorpe and Sutton on Sea beaches throughout the year, with the exception of the following:-
- During the period between 1 April and 30 September horses are not permitted on the beaches between the hours of 9am and 6pm.
- Horses are not permitted on our Central Beaches whilst the Blue Flag is flying.
- For the duration of any event being held on the beaches
- The area south of Skegness central beach is Gibraltar Point Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) where horse riding is not permitted.
- Mablethorpe North End - Theddlethorpe Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) is a place where horse riding can take place providing prior consent is in place from Natural England. For further information please contact Natural England: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure our beach is kept as safe as possible for the public, we ask riders to follow some simple rules.
If you wish to Horse ride on our beaches, please ensure you read theseand adhere to them.