Free School Meals
By choosing a school meal you can save time and money and ensure your child is getting a healthy lunch to help them concentrate
All infant school pupils in reception and years 1 and 2 are eligible for a free school meal.
Your child is also eligible for a free school meal if you receive any of the following entitlements:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of less than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
To apply, simply fill in the registration form and return it to your child's school. The school will check to see if they are entitled.
If you work seasonally or don't know if your child's meals are free, it's worth filling in a form anyway in case your circumstances change.
If your child is entitled to a free school meal, the school also benefit from a pupil premium that can help pay for extra curricular activities.
You only need to submit a form once. The school will run regular eligibility checks to make sure no one misses out.