Public Questions to Council - For Questions to be asked at the Council Meeting
At each full Council meeting there is an opportunity for you to ask questions. Here we explain the process for asking questions.
Please note that this information relates to Questions to be asked at the Council Meeting and not general enquiries. For general enquiries you should contact: email@example.com
You may ask a question at a Full Council Meeting to:
- Leader of the Council
- Executive Board Member/Portfolio Holder
- Chairman of any Committee
Questions should be received by us no later than 6:30pm on the Thursday before the day of the meeting. You must give the following details:
- Your name and address
- The name of the person who you wish to address (eg. Leader, Portfolio Holder or Committee Chairman).
Only one question per person may be submitted to any one meeting.
Your question may be rejected if it:
- Does not relate to a matter of general interest
- Does not relate to a matter that we have responsibility for or that affects the interests of the District
- Relates wholly to an individual grievance or is a personal issue
- Is defamatory, offensive or frivolous
- Is considered similar to a question already discussed at a meeting within the last six months
- Requires the disclosure of exempt or confidential information
- Relates to a matter that is the subject of an ongoing investigation or complaint
- Relates to a member of staff or a Councillor where other procedures are able to be applied
You will need to send your questions to:
East Lindsey District Council
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions should be received no later than 6:30pm on the Thursday before the day of the meeting. The dates of the Council Meetings for the forthcoming civic year are:
Wednesday 10th June 2020
Wednesday 22nd July 2020
Wednesday 14th October 2020
Wednesday 9th December 2020
Wednesday 3rd March 2021
Wednesday 12th May 2021 (AGM)
NB: Please allow four working days during Bank Holiday periods.
Question to Council - Procedures:
Full details of how to ask a question, can be found in Constitution of the Council.
General questions/enquiries relating to our Service: