Problems paying Council Tax
To give us the best chance of helping you, contact us as soon as you think you are going to have a problem paying your bill.
Before you contact us:
- Check if you qualify for a discount, exemption or Council Tax Support
- Review your finances
- Consider how to resolve the problem - we offer weekly, fortnightly, monthly and four weekly payment options
If we do not know you are having problems, we will continue with enforcement action and you could end up having to pay a lot more.
There are a number of ways to pay your Council Tax. To discuss a payment arrangement, call us on 01507 601111 and select Council Tax.
• Citizens Advice gives free, independent advice helping to resolve legal, money and other problems
• National Debtline offer advice on how to deal with debt problems
• StepChange give advice, support or solutions to resolve your debt problems
• Money Advice Service is a non profit government organisation, solely helping people with their finances