Students & Apprentices
Certain people will not be counted when looking at the number of adults living in a property.
Discounts are available for:
- Full time students: Complete the student application form (PDF) [176KB] (opens new window) and provide a student status certificate.
- School leavers: 18 and 19 year olds who are at or have just left school. Please contact us on 01507 601111 to discuss.
- Child Benefit: People over 18 still receiving child benefit. Please provide award letter.
- Apprentices: Complete the apprentice application form (PDF) [145KB] (opens new window) and provide a copy of apprenticeship agreement and wage slips.
There may also be exemptions:
- Exempt Class K: The property has been left empty by a student. If you think you may qualify, contact us on 01507 601111
- Exempt Class M: Student halls of residence. If you think you may qualify, contact us on 01507 601111
- Exempt Class N: All occupiers are students, school or college leavers or dependants of students. Please complete the student application form (PDF) [176KB] (opens new window) and provide a student status certificate.
Please send completed forms either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Council Tax, East Lindsey District Council, The Hub, Horncastle, Lincolnshire LN9 6PH.
Frequently Asked Question
Q. Do I get a discount if my partner is a student?
A. Possibly. If there are two adults living in the property then you may receive a 25% discount.