Changes in circumstances
You must tell us about any changes in your circumstances that will affect your claim. Telling us about a change quickly will help us to make sure that you are paid the right amount of money.
What do you need to tell us about?
* Money you receive - changes in income such as wages, tax credits, pensions, other benefit payments or child maintenance
* Bank accounts, savings and investments - changes to banks accounts, savings and investments and the amount of money in these
* The people who live with you - changes to the people who live with you or the income of those who live with you
* If you move or your rent changes - changes in your address, the rent you pay or the services you are charged for
This is not a full list. If you're not sure, tell us about the change and we will let you know if it affects the money you receive.
You must tell us straightaway about any changes.
If you delay in telling us about your changes:
* You may be overpaid and will have to pay the money back
* We may not pay you the extra money you would normally receive
* You could face criminal charges
How do you tell us?
Changes can be reported in the following ways:
* In writing - Housing Benefit Section, Tedder Hall, Manby Park, Louth, Lincs, LN11 8UP.
* By e-mail - email@example.com