Toggle menu

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

If you are on a low income you may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support. Housing Benefit can help you to pay for part or all of your rent.
You must tell us about any changes in your circumstances that will affect your claim. Telling us about a change quickly will help us to make sure that you are paid the right amount of money.
A Housing Benefit overpayment occurs where you have been paid more Housing Benefit than you are entitled to. This is normally due to a change in your circumstances.
We are committed to protecting public funds and have a dedicated Fraud Investigation Team to prevent and detect fraudulent claims.
Your tenants could get Housing Benefit if you charge them rent and they are on a low income. Housing Benefit can pay for all or part of their rent. The amount they will get depends on their income and circumstances. PLEASE NOTE Universal Credit will replace Housing Benefit for some people. You may need to check what benefits your tenant is in receipt of.
Your privacy is very important to East Lindsey District Council.