Toggle menu

Development Management


Planning Duty Officer Service

Does your home improvement project require planning permission? Do you have a query about how the planning service operates? If so, we provide a Planning Duty Officer Service to help answer your questions.

A planning duty officer will be available on the telephone to deal with general planning queries at the following times:

Monday - 9am to 1pm

Tuesday - 9am to 1pm

Wednesday - 9am to 1pm

Thursday - 9am to 1pm

Friday - 9am to 1pm.

The number to ring is: 01507 613175.

For more information:

Outside of these times information is available on the Council and other websites and the links for the most common types of queries we receive are given below.

  1. If you have a query about a current planning application please visit Planning Applications or to contact the Planning Case Officer
  2. If you wish to find out if a proposed extension or other home improvement requires planning permission, visit Check if you need Planning Permission.
  3. If you require help with filling in your application forms or if you wish to pay the application fee please ring 01507 613173.
  4. Visit the Planning Committee if you wish to view the report of an application that is due to be heard at the next planning committee meeting.
  5. Visit the East Lindsey Local Plan if you wish to view the Local Plan.
  6. If your query relates to an enforcement matter please visit Planning Enforcement
We deal with most types of planning applications. However, a small number are dealt with by Lincolnshire County Council, including mining and waste applications and those which relate to schools.
Here you'll find links to forms, fees and information relating to making a planning application:
Our Planning Team are happy to help you with any enquiry you may have - get in touch using the details below.
You can get advice from a planning officer if you are thinking of making a planning application. This lets you find out whether we are likely to support your application, before you submit it.
The public are welcome to sit and watch the Planning Committee, however they must not speak or disrupt the meeting.
Here you can find information about works you can do to your house or within the curtilage of your house.
Planning permission is granted subject to conditions that must be complied with for the development to be lawful.
Offshore and Onshore elements
Planning obligations, often referred to as section 106 agreements, are a key mechanism in the planning system for making development acceptable which would otherwise be unacceptable in planning terms.
Here you'll find pages relating to all planning notices we've issued in the last six months
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) requires local planning authorities to identify and keep an up-to-date deliverable five year housing land supply.